Associate Data Architect
Dynamo is looking to hire an extremely detail oriented individual to load, maintain, manipulate and transform data within spatial database infrastructures. The ideal candidate will have experience preparing data for economic modeling and other analytic purposes. The successful applicant must be highly self-motivated, eager to learn and adaptable to changing project requirements.
Logistics & Compensation
The Associate Data Architect is an entry-level position and has a 3-month trial period. Upon successful trial-period review, a full-time position with competitive benefits package may be offered. Work will be performed in Dynamo Metric’s downtown Detroit office. Pay is commensurate with experience and capability. Promotion is based on ability to perform and produce.
- Minimum requirements:
· B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field;
· Experience with Microsoft Access including query creation and data joins;
· Fluent in SQL query language with ability to import, export and join data from SQL databases;
· Familiar with basic database infrastructure and querying data from multiple datasets
· Proficient in Excel
- Bonus skills:
· Experience with QGIS, PostgresSQL, PostGIS, Python scripting, ArcGIS Desktop and Server, CartoDB, MapBox, Google Earth, Tableau, STATA, R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, GeoDa, GeoDaSpace.
· Knowledge of spatial economic theory or current urban policy issues in America’s older cities.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and your resume/CV to email@example.com. Application materials are due by 5pm EST on Friday, March 25th, 2016. Interviews begin in early-April.